HeartCode® ACLS is an official, self-directed, comprehensive eLearning program from the American Heart Association (AHA). HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 uses eSimulation technology to present realistic patient scenarios. Students are presented with a team dynamics lesson, 10 ACLS hospital-based case scenarios, and a written exam. While interacting with the program, students assess each patient, formulate a treatment plan based on ACLS guidelines, and provide treatment. Successful completion of Part 1, the cognitive component,
Parts 2 and 3, skills practice and testing with an AHA ACLS Instructor will be performed and meets the requirements for obtaining an AHA ACLS Provider course completion card.
At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
This course offers continuing education credits for physicians (ACCME/AMA), nurses (ANCC), pharmacists (ACPE), and EMS Practitioners (CECBEMS).
To register, please select a skills practice and testing date below (Part II and III). You may chose a date at a later time by selecting "Will Contact to Schedule the Skills Practice/Testing Date".You must have completed Part I prior to attending Part II and III. Please note that you must complete Part II and III within 60 days of completing Part I.
ACCCESS CODES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND ONCE PURCHASED THOUGH THIS SITE CAN NOT BE RETURNED. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ISSUES WITH THE PROGRAM, PROGRAM ACCESS, BILLING ETC PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL US BEFORE PURCHASING THIS PROGRAM.